08 May 2009

Ian Guy


guy-i-l@hotmail.com

MBHS 1955-1959

After leaving MBHS I did a science degree in physics and mathematics at Newcastle University College, then spent 6 years teaching science at North Sydney Boys' High. In 1970 I joined the academic staff in the physics department at Macquarie University and remained there until I retired in 2002.

I married a local girl, Margaret Stocker, in 1965 and we have three adult children, one of whom currently lives in East Maitland. We spent most of our married years living at Normanhurst in Sydney. In October last year we took the plunge and moved to a house on one hectare of land at Bolwarra Heights.

My main interests in retirement center around music and electronics. I currently play the guitar in a small music group at the local church in Bolwarra, but my main interest is in classical pipe organs and I am vainly trying to develop some kind of skill in playing these instruments.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian - well I hope you appreciate the playing of Marie Claire Alain - fantastic organist. I also am fascinated by pipe organs - and have actually built a little portative organ. In fact the property where I live now, was paid for partly by a carousel organ that I bought in Switzerland and restored. (OK it's not a classical organ..). So do tell me more - hugh@austrop.org.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read old Hodge's missive .. so much a sign of the times ..what would he have made of our present age??

    ReplyDelete